The National Capital Area Translators Association (NCATA) is committed to respecting the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website. To protect online privacy, NCATA has implemented the following policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from members. When registering as a member on our site, you will be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and payment information. You may also be asked to enter your business information for your directory profile.
We may also collect information from other visitors when they register for NCATA information or events open to non-members.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide information to the public about member service offerings through the online membership directory search. Members may choose to block this information from public access by selecting the appropriate option in their member profile.
- To process payment transactions including membership dues and event fees.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to membership, news and events, or to respond to your specific questions.
- To personalize your communications from NCATA, such as emails of interest to members working in specific language pairs, and communication with individual members regarding membership issues.
- To periodically provide contact information to our parent organization ATA (American Translators Association) as part of our chapter obligations.
- To improve our website: We strive to improve our website based on information and feedback we receive from you.
- To administer surveys or other site features.
Additionally, there may be times when we share aggregate information—such as the number of hits per page—with partners, sponsors and other third parties in an effort to customize or enhance the content and accept advertising on our site.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is accessible only by authorized NCATA officers or appointees via a secured database connection. Members may also choose to make certain parts of their personal information, as indicating in the profile entry/edit forms, hidden the public in the online membership directory.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit or access that information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider's database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private credit card or other financial information will not be kept on file.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect our or other's rights, property or safety.
This policy was last modified on 6/10/2011.
Privacy Issues and Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other websites. NCATA has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
PO Box 60154, Washington, DC 20039-0154